Wednesday 5 May 2010

Monster Hunter Tri - Wii

My name is the Moose and I'm a Monster Hunter addict. Yes, just a few weeks after the release of Monster Hunter Tri on Wii, I have logged 62 hours - and there's no end in sight.

I've spend a chunk of time online with other hunters, and have now reached Hunter Rank 10. However, most of my time has been spent in the single player mode. I've farmed Qurupecos for their lovely green-plumed armour, but I'm currently decked out in a full set of Gobul armour.

The Gobul is an underwater monstrosity, and I had to kill - or capture - him 11 times to get all the drops I needed. I've upgraded the set with Armour Spheres and I'm armed with a lovely Numbingbird hammer - which looks like a giant green and purple flower. It has a nice paralysis effect, too and came in very handy earlier today.

I took on my first Rathian - a fire breathing wyvern with a bad attitude - and managed to knock him about with my trusty hammer. It was a great moment, and I punched the air with delight when I had completed the quest.

Monster Hunter Tri is without doubt my favourite game of the year so far. Mass Effect 2 and Yakuza 3 are brilliant games, but nothing comes close to the joy monster Hunter Tri brings.

I'll keep you posted on my latest conquests, armour sets and weapons. If you haven't picked up a copy yet, don't delay. It's a slice of gaming magic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ive been on loads of posting posting sites and there is more five star ratings than anything else but even still the whiney people you get on them ive had all the games to date and the amount of stuff that has been put in is amazing and personaly I think they released the game before completion to bet your feedback to finalise the game in patch software as they created this game from scratch so chill out and wait on the extra software to come to your download screens but they best be good piece out yaa

Anonymous said...

i'm an addict too!