Thursday 20 November 2008

Taiko no Tatsujin - Wii (Taiko Drum Master)

I posted a few months ago about the delights of Taiko Drum Master on DS. I still play it regularly and it remains fun, even when you've managed to complete all the songs.

The fact the series has never come to the West is a real pity. So when you see the latest version on Wii, you can't help feel disappointed that it will probably never come out here.



This version looks closer to the magnificent arcade game, and if the Wii was region free, this beauty would be top of my Christmas list. I mean, just look at it. Forget about Rock Band and Guitar Hero, this is what I want to be playing.



Come on, Namco. Release this over here. You know it makes sense.

Check out this Japanese guy showing off his stick skills. Awesome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That exact same game setup has been out for the PS2 for years. In fact, I've been trying to find an USB-adapter to see if I could port it to PS3.

Pigumon said...

Played the arcade version years ago in japan, it was probably one of the best arcade games ever, same reason it's always fun to play on the DS.

I hope they release it here, I was almost tempted to get a PS2 just for taiko!

BTW, there's a simple software hack to play region free on the Wii, no bricking involved.